Parental Alienation Australia

Monday, April 26, 2010

Parental Alienation Awareness

Through my art practise I wish to bring awareness to Parental Alienation in the

context of child-custody disputes and the legal culture that facilitates the process of alienation.

Parental Alienation is the creation of a singular relationship between a child and parent, to the exclusion of the other parent.

It is the Family Courts role to determine Parenting Orders when parents can not agree on contact. Australian Bureau of Statistics figures show 2.5 million Australians are denied access to family members because of family-law proceedings.

My art practise focuses specifically on the processes of the Family Court System in Australia and references my own personal experience of Parental Alienation.

My current work considers the impact of bureaucratic structures on disrupted family units, and how these structures, while developed to assist those in need, can in fact result in further victimization and traumatisation of both children and parents.
I wish the Family Court of Australia would take a stand on Parental Alienation. It has been my experience that it does not. I wish to inform and bring awareness to this tragic social issue and the legal culture that facilitates and profits from family dysfunction

Parental Alienation is psychological child abuse. I am dedicated to raising awareness to Parental Alienation and to creating a forum for discussion on Australian Family Court reform.

No comments:

Post a Comment